- About Us
Welcome to the Center for Excellence in Writing!
The Center for Excellence in Writing assists the FIU community in all stages of the writing process through face-to-face and online tutoring, workshops, and community engagement. Our multilingual staff is dedicated to creating a welcoming, respectful, and collaborative environment to help all writers succeed in the classroom and in their communities.
What We Do
We offer individual consultations about any writing you do throughout your years at FIU. Whether you are brainstorming, drafting, revising or polishing, our writing consultants can assist you with projects such as
- Papers, reports, and projects for any course in any department
- Honors theses, master's theses, dissertations
- Resumes and applications for fellowships and employment
- Personal Statements
- Group projects
- PowerPoint presentations and other non-print projects
Want to improve your writing? Make an appointment with one of our consultants!
We also hold workshops during the semester. Visit our Events page for information on upcoming workshops.
What We Don't Do
- We do not grade papers. Only your instructor can determine how well your writing satisfies the assignment.
- We do not edit or proofread a paper. We provide direction to help you to develop and improve your writing skills.
- We do not recommend bringing in long papers that are due the same day as the session. Longer and more complex assignments take more time to read and review so you should come to the Center early in the writing process.