If you have chosen to work with one of the CEW's online tutors, we hope this will be a smooth and pleasant experience for you. In fact, some of our writing center users prefer it to in-person sessions.
To schedule an online session, follow the instructions on our Make an Appointment page. Please read the following student instructions to help you get started with the Adobe Connect program.
- Check your email for a URL from our receptionist.
- At the time of your session, click on the URL to open Adobe Connect. You may be prompted to download a plugin, a process that will only take a few seconds and will only happen once.
- The Adobe Connect window will look something like this:
If you are not able to interact with the tutor, you may need to communicate by typing in the chat box. It's sometimes necessary to have telephone backup, so please plan to have a phone nearby.
- Your tutor may ask you to share your computer screen during your session and will show you how to do this. The tutor at no time has access to your document or your computer!
- At the end of your session, please fill out the evaluation to give feedback on your online tutoring experience.