Schedule a Session
Already familiar with the center? Sign up for your next appointment here. First-timer? Keep scrolling for instructions.
Interested in bringing your draft to the Center for Excellence in Writing? Make an appointment as early in the writing process as you can. Before arriving for your appointment, make sure you have the assignment sheet and any other supporting materials such as grading criteria, grading rubric, previous drafts with instructor comments, etc. Also, bring any questions you may have about those drafts. The more information you bring to your consultant, the more successful your session will be.
If you are having difficulty getting started, we can help you brainstorm and gather ideas. We work with you in all stages of the writing process: prewriting, drafting, revision, presentation. You stay in control of your paper by arriving
Sign Up for In-Person Tutoring
Use our Online Scheduler to sign up for a 45-minute appointment.
- If you have not used the system before, follow the prompts to register first.
- Log in and choose the appropriate campus schedule — MMC, BBC or Engineering. Be sure to choose the correct schedule for the current semester.
- You will see this week's schedule. Choose a day and available time (available times are shown in white). If you would like to schedule with a particular consultant, you can look for their available time slots. See Staff for the list of consultants.
Scheduling limits: Because of limited resources, if you are an undergraduate student, you may schedule only one appointment at a time. Once you complete that appointment, you may schedule another one. However, if you schedule more than one at a time, your other appointments will be canceled. Graduate students may schedule two appointments at a time. After the completion of the second appointment, grad students may schedule up to two more. Any additional appointments will be canceled.
Graduate students: You may schedule your consultation with one of our graduate consultants. Find graduate consultants on our Staff page.
- Click on the white block to schedule an appointment. A new window will open. Fill in ALL of the required information. Click "Save Appointment."
- You will receive an email confirming the appointment and instructions for changing or deleting the appointment. Please remember to cancel any appointment you are unable to attend. If you fail to show up for an appointment (and you have not canceled), you will be allowed one more opportunity to schedule an appointment. If you fail to show up a second time, you will not be able to schedule additional appointments unless you meet with the director.